- American Heart Association http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/
- American Society of Clinical Onocology http://www.asco.org/
- The Endocrine Society http://www.endo-society.org/
- The Goddess Fund http://www.thegoddessfund.org/
- The Hormone Foundation http://www.hormone.org
- International Menopause Society http://www.imsociety.org/
- National Osteoporosis Foundation http://www.nof.org/
- North American Menopause Society http://menopause.org
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/byAudience/ForWomen/default.htm
- Kronos Early Estrogen Prevention Study (KEEPS) http://www.keepstudy.org
- National Cancer Institute http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/breast
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine http://nccam.nih.gov
- Study of Women's Health Across the Nation http://www.swanstudy.org
- Women's Health Initiative of the National Heart, Lung, & Blood Institute at National Institute of Health http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/whi/
- Bedell S, et al. The pros and cons of plant estrogen for menopause. J Steroid biochem mol Biol, 2012.
- Davies E, et al. Is Timing Everything: A meeting report of the Society for Womens' Health Research Roundtable on Menopausal Hormone Therapy. J of Women's Health. 2013.
- Gold E. et al. Phytoestrogen and fiber intakes in relation to incident vasomotor symptoms. Menopause. 2012.
- Greendale GA, et al. Bone mineral density loss in relation to the final menstrual period in a multiethnic cohort: results from the Study of Women's Health Across the Nation (SWAN). J Bone Min Res. 2012.
- Joffe H, Crawford S, Economou N, et al. A gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist model demonstrates that nocturnal hot flashes interrupt objective sleep. Sleep. 2013;36:1977-1985. Abstract
- Lobo RA et al. Prevention of diseases after menopause. Climacteric. June 27, 2014. doi:10.3109/13697137.2014.933411 Abstract
- Manson JE et al. New findings from the the Kronos early estrogen prevention study randomized trials. NAMS. 2012.
- Manson JE et al. Menopausal Hormone Therapy and Health Outcomes During the Intervention and Extended Poststopping Phases of the Women’s Health Initiative Randomized Trials. JAMA. October 2013.
- Manson JE et al. Editorial: Why the Product Labeling for Low-Dose Vaginal Estrogen Should be Changed. Menopause. 2014;21(9)
- Menopausal Hormone Therapy to Prevent Chronic Conditions: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2012.
- Minkin MJ, Guess MK. Diagnosis and Treatment of the Non–Sex-related Symptoms of Vulvovaginal Atrophy. The Female Patient. Vol 37. 2012.
- Obstet Gynecol. Practice Bulletin. 2014;123:202-216. Abstract
- Parrish SJ et al. Impact of vulvovaginal health on postmenopausal women: A review of surveys on symptoms of volvovaginal atrophy. Inter. J. of Women's Health. 2013:5.
- Position Statement: The 2012 Hormone Therapy Position Statement of the North American Menopause Society. Menopause. 2012.
- Roussouw JE, Prentice RL, Manson JE, et al. Postmenopause hormone therapy and risk of cardiovascular disease by age and years since menopause. JAMA. 2007.
- Santen R, Stuenkel C, Burger H, Manson JE. Competency in Menopause Management: Whither Goest the Internist. Journal of Women's Health. 2014.
- Schierbeck ,LL, et al. Effect of hormone replacement therapy on cardiovascular events in recently postmenopausal women: randomized trial. BMJ. 2012.
- Shapiro S, et al. Does hormone replacement therapy cause breast cancer? An application of causal principles to three studies. J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care. 2011.
- Stuenkel C et al. Special Feature: A decade after the Women's Health Initiative—the expert agree. Menopause: The Journal of the North American Menopause Society. 2013.
Women's Health Research Institute sponsored-lectures presented by Hrayr Attarian, MD., Stacy Tessler Lindau, MD, Pauline Maki, PhD, Bethanee Schlosser, PhD, MD, Catherine Stika, MD, Lauren Streicher, MD.